Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January ARTastic Challenge Inspiration

This is my first month as a member of the team over at the ARTastic Challenge blog!  http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
This is the piece that inspired us this month, some street art by Vexta. 
 
 
Here is what I came up with, using the criteria of including triangles or diamonds:
 
 
The real point of this was the triangle cut outs that I used as part of the sunburst's rays.  In order to keep the lines straight, I used the negative portion of the sunburst cut-out as a guide, fitting everything together like a puzzle.  For the cut-out rays, I drew the lines on the back and cut them apart one piece at a time.  It is hard to see here, but they are all popped using foam squares.
 
There is still time to join in the challenge!  Hit the link for details!
 

2 comments: