Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hey everyone!  Just wanted to share some details on how I created my piece for this month's ARTastic Challenge!  As a reminder, here is the inspiration piece.  And there is still time if you want to get involved.  Just follow this link!  http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
 
 

 
And here is the piece that I came up with:
 
 
This month, I wanted to play around some more with this great hot glue technique I learned from the ever amazing Vivian Keh, aka Contadina K.  You should check out her amazing and inspirational work here:  https://contadinak.wordpress.com/tag/vivian-keh/
 
Here is a close up of the hot glue.  First, I added some stencil work with modeling paste colored with acrylic paint.  Then, I applied the hot glue.  Generally, the idea is to pool the inks and let them run, but this paper was a big like a sponge and was soaking the ink up in ways I didn't love.  Instead of letting it run, I sucked some ink up with an eyedropper and actually controlled where I put it.  After it dried, I painted the glue with some Inka Gold in Platinum.
 
 
I loved the birds in the inspiration piece.  To get some birds in there, I took tissue, rolled it between my fingers, cut it, and bent it into the shape of birds. 
 
 
I colored the chippies with some Lindy's ink.  And added some birds to this tree branch to finish it up.
 
 
 
 
 
 



1 comment: