Tuesday, October 29, 2013

As part of an exchange, I created my first ever tag recently!  Here is the front of the finished product:
 
 
I used the same technique with bleeding art tissue that I used on my September SOD layout (described below).  Here, I started by ripping tissue in multiple sizes and colors.  I glued them down using matte gel, and made sure to crease them to create texture.  Once everything was glued down, I used some vintage photo ink to distress, because the colors were too bold.  And then, I added some inka gold with my fingers to accent the creases even more.  Here is a close-up of the effect:
 
 
For the leaves, I spread some Tim Holtz Distress Stain on my stamps and put them down on off-white paper.  I added some distressing and accents with the inka gold and a gold acrylic paint pen.  On the back, I used a variety of Lindy's sprays and let them really run.  After dying with the heat tool, I used a stencil and applied a thin layer of matte gel, and finished with a sprinkling of distress glitter.
 
For some reason, the matte gel latched on to something almost green within the inks, and brought that out.  I didn't use any green!  But the effect is almost like a moss...so it works on my fall tag.  I hope my tag trade partner likes it!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment