Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sometimes, you just don't love it

So, I am not one to rip apart my layout once I've started gluing.  Ever.  I don't stop, even if I don't like the layout much at all.  Part of me does it because it can force me out of my comfort zone.  Sometimes, I love the result.  For instance, this:
On this page, the fabric sheet I was using stuck to itself, and I couldn't get it flat.  So, I just went with it.  It came out looking a bit like peeled wallpaper.  And I love it.  Had I stopped at the "mistake," I would not have had this fun layout.  And, had it been flat, like I thought I wanted, it would not have turned out nearly as cool.
 
That said, sometimes I don't like the layout, no matter how hard I try.  For instance this:
 
 
Some people have said they like this one.  But for me, after I glued that bottom element, I realized it is too heavy for my taste.  I snipped and trimmed it down, more and more.  But I still don't love it.  I will say, once I thought of putting this picture in, where I had a lil fun with Photoshop (yes, spot color is so 1990s, but whatever), the page grew on me.  Sometimes forcing myself to keep going works in my favor, and sometimes it doesn't.  I know I won't stop any time soon, though.
 

1 comment:

  1. Both layout are FABulous, but the first one stole my heart!! Your mistake made for one gorgeous layout, and I just love the moment that was captured :)

    ReplyDelete