Friday, October 4, 2013

Here is my first page done with one of the lovely kits from Scraps of Darkness!  I've been oogling their kits for a few years now, and my fantastical husband got me a subscription for my birthday this year.  What a guy!
 
 
That background was simply black with white script, but I decided I wanted a little zing!  To get the texture and color, I used strips of bleeding art tissue paper.  Instead of wetting the paper and peeling off, I painted on some matte gel, and stuck the tissue to it, being sure to crease and crunch the paper as I went.  At that point, the colors were too bright for my taste, so I decided to dirty them up.  I used some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire to darken and pick up the wrinkles. 
The little piece going up the side is the same technique, done on a different paper, this time black with a flor-de-lis pattern. 
 
After that, I did some more inking and distressing, and I cut up some doilies and used some Picket Fence White Distress Stain to stamp on some text.  I think the happy colors matched my little man's happy expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment